Thursday, June 4, 2009

Garden progress

here is a cute little pic of Sierra she got that stuffed animal out of Isaiah and Nates room and brought it to her bed. I love her eyes they are so sweet. She has been a little pain in the butt, but she is a puppy, so I guess I better be a little understanding!
My pergola in the Daytime

my Shed flower garden a Little rustic with all the grass and stuff. Just haven't gotten the umph to get it all out yet! ha


The Garden now Those little plants in front of the lettuce are pumpkins from our Halloween pumpkins last year! I kicked the rotten pumpkins off the porch onto the ground and this spring they just all popped up! I also have some growing around the tree in the front yard from where those rotted! I was amazed at God's wonders when I saw that. and have really enjoyed seeing Him work in the garden and with the flowers this year!



the cabbage worm got to my cabbage and broccolli, so I looked up a tonic in an organic garden book of flour and cyene pepper, so that is that funky white stuff you see on it! it has worked thank the Lord. They were eating them all up! Oh and that tall white flowery thing is Cilantro! I didn't get to use any of it before it flowered, so I will have to just propogate it and have some next year!




Lettuce from the garden! It has already grown back since then...3 days ago!





6 comments:

Heather said...

That looks like a great start to a wonderful salad. Everything else as usual looks amazing. You really must have a green thumb :)

Bonnie said...

Oh wow Rach, your garden is amazing !! How cool that you have grown all that stuff and you can eat it !! yummmy looking lettuce !! pumpkins grow like crazy ! can't wait to see how bit they get. maybe you can use ones you grow for halloween this year !! how cool would that be ?!

Khrista said...

Such a green thumb! I am jealous! Between you and Mom you guys are eating good! :) Too bad about the cilantro...it's my favorite. It looks beautiful flowering. Your watering system (the empty soda bottles?) is really cool. I've never seen that before. And you are becoming so knowledgeable..."propagating"... ???
Good job Rach, wish I could be there to eat a yummy salad with you! :)

Maria said...

OK, so I am new to the planting a garden and I would like to eventually plant my own. So my question: What are you the purpose of the empty plastic bottles?

Rachel said...

sorry it took so long Maria.....The water bottles have no bottoms, so when you fill them up with water it is like one of those aqua globes you see on t.v.

Larisochka said...

Looks totally awesome!